It can be difficult to motivate yourself to workout so it’s important that once you get up and get moving you do all you can to make you workout worth it!
1) Hydrate- This is important to do prior to your workout. If you are planning on exercising in the morning, you should hydrate the night before. Those of you who work out at night should make sure you are drinking enough water throughout the day. And of course, make sure you hydrate during and after your workout as well!
2) Stretch- It can be tempting to just get up and go but light stretching before exercising can warm your body up and help prevent injuries. You should hold each stretch for about 20 seconds and incorporate moving stretches into your warm-up. Stretching after your workout is important as well.
3) Give it your all- You got yourself up and moving! Now give it all you’ve got. Whether you are running, lifting weights, or doing yoga- try to push yourself and try something new. Maybe incorporate sprints into your jog or do one set of curls with a higher weight. It doesn’t have to be anything crazy but try to see what your body can do. You will be amazed! But with that being said…
4) Listen to your body- If you start to feel pain you should slow down and listen to your body. Getting through a workout is not worth a serious injury. If you feel pain in your knee while running- stop! There are other workouts you can do while you let yourself heal.
5) Fuel up- Many make the mistake of not eating properly when working out. It is so important to make sure you are eating enough calories throughout the day to fuel your body for a strong workout. Eating protein, vegetables and fruits are especially important. You must also make sure you eat protein after working out. This allows your muscles to recover and grow- making you more fit!
The most important thing is getting out there and being active. Whether you are going for a walk or training for a marathon you are using your body and getting stronger. These tips can help improve any type of exercise and make you more healthy and fit!
I’ve recently been trying to cut back on my coffee intake (a 9-5 can make it pretty bad). So instead of an afternoon coffee break, I’ve switched to tea. This switch has been great because it still gives me some energy to get through this afternoon but does not keep me up late at night. There are also some awesome health benefits of the different teas out there. Personally, I usually stick with green tea because it still has some caffeine but there are plenty of options out there with some great side effects.
Green tea: Not only does green tea help burn fat but its antioxidants also help fight against different types of cancer and neurological disorders.
Chamomile tea: Chamomile tea can help you relax and also help with bloating and digestive issues. Studies have shown that this tea can also help prevent complications from diabetes.
Oolong tea: This tea variety can boost your metabolism and can actually sharpen your thinking skills!
White tea: This tea can help fight against signs of aging (goodbye wrinkles). It an also strengthen your teeth and boost your immunity.
Black tea: Sip on this to help prevent heart disease and cancer. It can also help your digestive system and help prevent diabetes.
There are so many varieties out there and they can all provide you with antioxidants while helping you relax and be happier! Drink up!
What is your tea of choice? (Some even come with inspirational sayings)